Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Benny Boy

This is the first time I wrote an appeal for donation in my Facebook account. I know Joan though we only met a few times. I have seen her face on the net in Pulau Ketam dog dumping episode,met her in vets and She even came to help Aunty in the mini jungle to save some puppies from the clutch of python when I was unable to help her.
When Aunty told me what she encountered this time, I could only help her to raise some funds through Facebook. Well I told her do not expect much as tonnes and tonnes of people are doing the same thing. Joan is very understanding, she replied, The little that we do can indeed change a whole lot of things around us. This sentence touches me.


A lady in Facebook asked me whether this is a goat or a dog! Boy, he must be in such a bad shape to be asked such question.

He is sure skinny.

From Joane, the rescuer who was called by the school bus driver:

The dog was trying to cross the road in Ampang Indah when a taxi banged on him according to the school bus driver who witnessed it. The dog was rushed to the nearest vet. As he was very weak, he was put on drip immediately. According to the vet, the dog, whom I have named Benny Boy, was about 6 years of age and seemed to have an owner as it was clean and neatly groomed.The only thing about Benny was that he was rather thin.

An X-Ray on the left hind leg was taken 2 days later and it was shown that he had a fracture that was affecting its bowel. As it was a complicated surgery, he was transferred to Dr.Yeoh in Taman Megah. The surgery done by Dr.Yeoh was successful and Benny is now recuperating in a fosterer's home in Tasik Permai, Ampang.

Benny is an obedient and intelligent boy, he can be very clingy too, so those of you who want to adopt him and give it a home, please contact me ( terms and conditions apply ). I also hope to be able to raise funds for his medical bills that came up to RM2465. That will in turn enable us to help other rescued dogs and cats that are also in need of medical attention.

If you want to adopt Benny and learn more of his fracture, you can contact Dr.Yeoh or Dr.Tan at 03-78048684.

Yeoh Veterinary Clinic & Surgery. Benny is registered under my name.
If you want to visit Benny or assist financially, you can contact me at 012.2297332.

Thank you.

The little that we do can indeed change a whole lot of things around us.


No comments: